What does good parenting mean?
- Love them unconditionally. Too much love will never spoil your child
- Spend time with them
- Be friendly and listen to your children
- Be there for them when they need you
- Treat them with respect because although they are little, they are also individuals. This will also make them treat others with respect.
- When they are wrong correct them in a firm but kind manner
- Dont compare your child to other children
- Recognise the interest and talent that your child has. Dont force your child into something just because you see another kid excelling in it. Encourage them to do things they love doing
Today there is a lot of competition amongst parents to prove that their child is the best. In this process we do not realise the stress we put our children through. So let us be their source of motivation rather than their source of stress.Positive parenting (i.e. using positive words, encouraging the child ) will go a long way to make our children emotionally and mentally healthy. A good parent doesnt have to be perfect. No one is perfect. If we are bringing up our children to be good human beings with a beautiful mind and soul then we definitely are doing “Good Parenting”.